Sunday June 4, 2017
Noon to 5 pm
The original building now incorporated into Affinity Credit Union, was Wilson School, named after James Robert Wilson, Saskatoon’s first mayor. It opened in 1928 continuing as an elementary school until 1994 when it closed, reopening first as the Saskatchewan Indian Federated College then as the First Nations University of Canada. In 2010 Affinity Credit Union bought the building and began renovations.
In 2010, Affinity Credit Union and Meridan Development Group began two years of renovation designed by Kindrachuk Agrey Architecture. The now 69,000 square foot building includes open plan office space, exercise room and recreational areas. The original façade of the building has been refurbished and retained; a fourth floor has been added and setback from the façade. The entrance at the north end of the building is a great of melding the old with the new as an outer glass shell has been built with the original exterior inside. Original building materials were reused in the work, contributing to the credit union’s environmental strategy.
Disabled Access Public Washrooms Free Parking Near Bus Route On Duty Staff/Custodian/Security First Aid
Join us to mark the Mendel’s last day on June 7. The activities include:
The final exhibitions are:
Disabled Access Public Washrooms Free Parking Near Bus Route